Disaster and Crisis Management Analyst I
Why upgrade your career with Constant Associates (CONSTANT)? You have a passion for public health emergency management, and disaster and crisis management. You want to make a real difference and be appreciated for your quick wit and strong work ethic. At CONSTANT, you’ll get to work on projects that involve everything from COVID-19 technical assistance to writing mass evacuation plans to creating training for responses for active shooter incidents. And, being the polished professional you are, you’ll gain access to extremely seasoned experts and get face-to-face time with exciting, diverse and highly visible clients.
CONSTANT is an award-winning boutique consulting firm known for our innovative solutions in public health, emergency management, health security, healthcare preparedness, and counterterrorism. We have an enviable client base that spans private and public sectors – from Federal government to entertainment. We work in an open environment that encourages idea sharing. This isn’t just because it’s the right thing to do, but it results in better products, and is just good business. We balance our “type A” tendencies with a strong sense of camaraderie and humor. Advancement opportunities will abound, because CONSTANT is poised for growth and expansion in 2020 and beyond. Your timing couldn’t be better!
- Your role is critical. As such, you will be involved in many various important activities such as writing plans, developing exercise documentation and briefings, and providing support and/or facilitation during meetings and events.
- Technical writing is an essential skill in your job. You will contribute to gap analyses, assessments, after action reports, and other analytical projects.
- Since quality is a top priority at CONSTANT, you’ll be called upon to ensure accuracy, consistency, and clarity of documents.
- With a keen sense of detail, you’ll be organizing, prioritizing, and accomplishing multiple tasks under deadlines - this comes easy for you!
Objectives For Your First Six (6) Months
- You’ll get to know our team, “the CONSTANT way”, and have an opportunity to learn about our projects and clients.
- During your first few months, you’ll be given the opportunity to support the completion of response strategies for one of our government clients. The task will include strategy development, client interface, plan writing, and more.
- You’ll be called upon to lead a task within a major initiative as part of a full scale exercise. This is a highly visible program!
- Ultimately, your success will be measured by your ability to creatively solve the challenges with intellect, poise, and professionalism.
- Demonstrated expertise with plan writing and exercise design are essential.
- Preferably, you have experience and/or degree work in public health or healthcare, because we are currently doing a wide range of COVID-19 related work!
- Ideally, you’ll have completed a Masters degree in Public Health, Emergency Management, Homeland Security, or a related field.
- You’re a self-starter with 5+ years of public health/emergency management/homeland security experience with commercial, government, consulting, or academia.
- We work in both diverse environments, but we all speak the same language: It’s critical that you have “native” fluency in ICS, NIMS/SEMS, HSEEP, CPG 101, CPG 201, and natural and man-made hazards.
- You’re an absolute wizard with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. You’ll gain some serious extra points if you can make your way around Adobe Photoshop and InDesign; some photo and video editing software experience would be icing on the cake.
- We work with some very easy-going, but very security-minded clients that may require a security clearance, so your background shouldn’t preclude it.
Attributes of Your Success
- Analytical – You are comfortable with qualitative and quantitative analysis, and look beyond the obvious. Your learning curve is steep – you pick up ideas quickly and thrive on a challenge.
- Agility – You are flexible and manage change well, and can “shift gears” from task to task comfortably.
- Communication – You have strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Confident – You’re comfortable presenting your opinions (public speaking), even if that means taking an unpopular stand.
- Creative – You come up with new and unique ideas. Making the connections between unrelated ideas comes easy to you.
- Driven – You consistently exceed goals and are a top performer.
- Outgoing – Your outgoing personality, polished appearance and confidence are essential tools you’ll use to talk with officials, experts, and vendors.
- Team Player – You’re very comfortable working within a team. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to be a leader, but at the end of the day our products say “CONSTANT” on them, not “[Insert Your Name Here]”. The ability to trust and play nicely with others is crucial.
Location, Compensation & Benefits
You will work from our Torrance office Monday - Thursday and from home on Fridays. Travel will likely be required. We observe 10 holidays plus paid time off days. We offer a competitive health package, short and long term disability, life insurance, health insurance, and eligibility for a 401k one year after full-time employment. The salary is commensurate with experience.