DISASTER + CRISIS MANAGEMENT
Upgrade your career with Constant Associates (CONSTANT). We do work that matters, that has the potential to save lives, and that makes a difference. You’ll work with people who not only embody professionalism and excellence, but they know how to have fun and bring a strong sense of team. Welcome to CONSTANT.
CONSTANT is an award-winning consulting firm known for our innovative solutions in the emergency management, health security, healthcare preparedness, and counterterrorism. We have an enviable client base that spans private and public sectors – from Federal government to entertainment. We work in an open environment that encourages idea sharing. This isn’t just because it’s the right thing to do, but it results in better products, and is just good business. We balance our “type A” tendencies with a strong sense of camaraderie and humor. Advancement opportunities will abound, because CONSTANT is poised for growth and expansion in 2020 and beyond. Your timing couldn’t be better!
Our team is growing and seeks to hire a Proposal Writer to help grow our business with local, state, and federal partners. This position is part of CONSTANT’s corporate business development team and reports to the CEO. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with our business development staff and program staff to identify, track, and position for new opportunities.
As a Proposal Writer, your ultimate goal will be to contribute to proposals submitted and increase our top line revenue overall. In addition to your attention to detail and amazing writing skills, here are some ways you’ll make that happen:
- Utilize CONSTANT templates and style guides to produce complaint, accurate, and winning proposals for federal clients, state/local clients, and the private sector.
- Utilize online forecast and RFP portals to track business opportunities.
- Understand and convey complex customer requirements on both a business and technical level.
- Have a solid understand of the federal procurement process and regulations.
- Participate as part of the Business Development Team to understand strategic goals and make decisions on submission strategies.
- Demonstrate high standards in your technical writing ability, adhering to our standards for accuracy, consistency, and clarity.
- Manage multiple tasks under different deadlines.
Objectives For Your First Six (6) Months
- Review past proposals and projects to build your knowledge of our company’s history and culture.
- You’ll get to know our team, “the CONSTANT way”, and have an opportunity to learn about our projects and clients.
- During your first few months, you’ll be given the opportunity to support the completion of multiple proposals for some of our government clients.
- Ultimately, your success will be measured by your ability to creatively solve any challenges with intellect, poise, and professionalism.
- Demonstrated expertise with federal proposal writing and the RFP process is essential, and a bonus if you are familiar with the field of emergency management and homeland security.
- At least 3+ years of experience with proposal-writing in commercial, government, consulting, or academia.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills. High degree of professionalism, diplomacy, problem-solving and decision making skills.
- Must have a team focus while maintaining a demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated skills with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, with a bonus for any Adobe Photoshop and InDesign.
- Ability to pass any federal security clearance checks, if needed.
- (Ideally) Completion of a Masters degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, or a related field.
- (Ideally) Experience utilizing industry tools such as FedBizOps/SAM, GovWin, and Zoho.
Attributes of Your Success
- Accurate – You thrive in an environment where there are technical requirements (e.g., in RFPs) that need to be addressed accurately.
- Analytical – You are comfortable with qualitative and quantitative analysis, and look beyond the obvious. Your learning curve is steep – you pick up ideas quickly and thrive on a challenge.
- Agility – You are flexible and manage change well, and can “shift gears” from task to task comfortably.
- Communication – You have strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Confident – You’re comfortable presenting your opinions (public speaking), even if that means taking an unpopular stand.
- Creative – You come up with new and unique ideas. Making the connections between unrelated ideas comes easy to you.
- Driven – You consistently exceed goals and are a top performer.
- Self-starter – You are proactive, prioritize well, and demonstrate strong follow-up.
- Outgoing – Your outgoing personality, polished appearance and confidence are essential tools you’ll use to talk with officials, experts, and vendors.
- Team Player – You’re very comfortable working within a team. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to be a leader, but at the end of the day our products say “CONSTANT” on them, not “[Insert Your Name Here]”. The ability to trust and play nicely with others is crucial.
Location, Compensation & Benefits
If you are local to the Los Angeles area (or want to be) you can work from our Torrance office Monday - Thursday and from home on Fridays. Remote/offsite work arrangements can be made for qualified applicants who are out of the area.
We observe 10 holidays. We offer benefits that include healthcare, dental, short and long term disability, life insurance, 401K, professional development package, paid time off, and bonus eligibility. We offer a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience.