Contract Surge Staff: Administrative Support
CONTRACT SURGE STAFF: ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT
CONSTANT is accepting applications for administrative professionals to support Federal, State, and local governments across California, the National Capital Region (Washington, D.C.), and other areas with contract projects/programs.Application(s) to this position will be stored in CONSTANT's resume database and will be reviewed when contractors and staffing deployments are available.
CONSTANT is an award-winning and published consulting firm known for our innovative solutions in emergency management, health security, healthcare preparedness, and counterterrorism.
Based out of Los Angeles, California, with satellite offices in San Francisco and Washington D.C., our staff includes team members who hold certifications in emergency management, project management, and exercise design. Additionally, our staff has experience working on a large and diverse portfolio of readiness efforts with clients like the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, the U.S. Department of Defense, and dozens of local jurisdictions.
CONSTANT’s core service areas include planning, training, exercise, outreach and staffing. Since the inception of our company our core values have remained steadfast: provide superior service, high-quality work, and ultimately support our clients with their mission to protect and preserve our great Nation.
We are looking for staff with previous administrative support experience, preferably for emergency management or public safety entities.
These positions would be filled to support Emergency Operations Centers and/or healthcare facilities. Duties may include:
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments
- Maintain contact lists
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Develop and maintain a filing system
- Order office supplies
- Write letters and emails on behalf of other office staff
- Book conference calls, rooms, etc.
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Take accurate minutes of meetings
- Reply to email, telephone or face to face enquiries
- Receive, sort and distribute the mail
- Manage staff appointments
- Photocopy and print out documents on behalf of other colleagues
These staffing positions will support both remote telework and deployed opportunities. The length of deployment is TBD based on the needs of the assigned jurisdiction.
- Bachelor’s degree required or 5+ years of professional working experience
- Proven admin or assistant experience
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Strong attention to detail and ability to perform in fast-moving environments
- Knowledge and experience in emergency and disaster management, public safety, and/or public health
- Previous Emergency Operations Center experience and familiarity with Incident Command System documentation
Compensation & Benefits
Competitive compensation based on the capability of the candidate.
Competitive benefits package that includes:
- Healthcare stipend
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Eligible for Performance-based Bonus
- Ten (10) Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Volunteer Paid Time Off
- Professional Development
- Telework Privileges
- Work From Home Stipend
- Life and AD&D Insurance (company paid)
- Long Term Disability (company paid)
CONSTANT is certified as an 8(a) and Economically Disadvantaged Woman Owned Small Business (EDWOSB). We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. CONSTANT is also a Great Place To Work certified organization.