Business Development Associate - Federal
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE - FEDERAL
DISASTER + CRISIS MANAGEMENT
Upgrade your career with Constant Associates (CONSTANT). We do work that matters, that has the potential to save lives, and that makes a difference. You’ll work with people who not only embody professionalism and excellence, but they know how to have fun and bring a strong sense of team. Welcome to CONSTANT.
CONSTANT is an award-winning and published consulting firm known for our innovative solutions in emergency management, health security, healthcare preparedness, and counterterrorism.
Based out of Los Angeles, California, with satellite offices in San Francisco and Washington D.C., our staff includes team members who hold certifications in emergency management, project management, and exercise design. Additionally, our staff has experience working on a large and diverse portfolio of readiness efforts with clients like the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, the U.S. Department of Defense, and dozens of local jurisdictions.
CONSTANT’s core service areas include planning, training, exercise, outreach and staffing. Since the inception of our company our core values have remained steadfast: provide superior service, high-quality work, and ultimately support our clients with their mission to protect and preserve our great Nation.
As a Federal BD Associate, your ultimate goal will be to increase our top line. In addition to your charm and “rain making” skills, here are some ways you’ll make that happen:
- Aggressively identify qualified sales opportunities in the Federal space
- Build and grow relationships with other firms in our industry in order to: increase awareness of our company and our capabilities, develop teaming partnerships to pursue large opportunities, and stay informed about the trends and state of our business
- Build relationships and expand our business with current and prospective clients in DHS, HHS and DoD
- Nurture early phase opportunities (e.g., prior to RFP development) for future pipeline potential
- Utilize online forecast and research portals to track business opportunities
- Generate new business opportunities through existing relationships and networking
- Understand and convey complex customer requirements on both a business and technical level
- Qualify marketing leads and make introductory appointments
- Have a solid understand of the federal procurement process and regulations
What We Expect of You
- Lead CONSTANT’s overall Federal business development strategy and achieving quotas assigned within this market. You’ll be creating and delivering a pipeline of Federal opportunities.
- Manage Federal forecast and proposal budgets in a way that efficiently achieves quotas.
- Support the development of proposals including the ability to write compelling narrative.
- Work in collaboration with the business development team to develop and execute a Federal market growth strategy.
- Identify, vet, and track DHS, HHS, and DoD opportunities and work collaboratively with CONSTANT’s program staff to position for successful bids. Support proposal development with content development, win theme generation and red teaming participation.
- Build and maintain client and partner relationships and leverage those relationships to secure new business.
- Monitor and gather market and competitive intel to stay informed of Federal agencies and programs and to position CONSTANT for market growth. Represent CONSTANT at meetings and conferences and provide feedback on markets and opportunities.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in business development with emphasis in homeland security and Federal markets. Bachelor's degree in business, marketing or related discipline. Advanced degree a plus.
- Strong understanding of civilian federal government stakeholders including: congress, agencies, industry groups, culture, programs, budgets, and contracting mechanisms.
- Experience with customer relationship management and opportunity tracking. Experience utilizing industry tools such as Beta.SAM (formerly FedBizOps), GovWin + Zoho.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills. High degree of professionalism, diplomacy, problem-solving and decision making skills.
- Must have a team focus while maintaining a demonstrated ability to work independently.
You will work from home with frequent in-person meetings in the Washington, D.C. area. Our headquarters are in California, so expect quarterly trips to the Golden State.
Compensation & Benefits
We observe 10 holidays in addition to paid time off days. Additionally, CONSTANT offers a competitive compensation including performance-based bonuses, health package, short and long term disability, life insurance and 401K.
The compensation is commensurate with experience.