Public Assistance Specialist - FEMA
PUBLIC ASSISTANCE - SPECIALIST
DISASTER + CRISIS MANAGEMENT
Upgrade your career with Constant Associates (CONSTANT). We do work that matters, that has the potential to save lives, and that makes a difference. You’ll work with people who not only embody professionalism and excellence, but they know how to have fun and bring a strong sense of team. Welcome to CONSTANT.
CONSTANT is an award-winning and published consulting firm known for our innovative solutions in emergency management, health security, healthcare preparedness, and counterterrorism.
Based out of Los Angeles, California, with satellite offices in San Francisco and Washington D.C., our staff includes team members who hold certifications in emergency management, project management, and exercise design. Additionally, our staff has experience working on a large and diverse portfolio of readiness efforts with clients like the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, the U.S. Department of Defense, and dozens of local jurisdictions.
CONSTANT’s core service areas include planning, training, exercise, outreach and staffing. Since the inception of our company our core values have remained steadfast: provide superior service, high-quality work, and ultimately support our clients with their mission to protect and preserve our great Nation.
CONSTANT is seeking the services of an experienced Public Assistance professional to fill an immediate need. Requirements for the position are
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience assisting local jurisdictions in California with applications for post-disaster FEMA Public Assistance grants.
- Experience must include a track record of approved applications.
- Experience may include any combination of service as a consultant or employee of a local government jurisdiction, FEMA, or CalOES directly involved in the Public Assistance Grant process.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with all aspects of the FEMA Public Assistance grant process to include site inspections, development of scopes of work, cost estimates, eligibility determinations, applicable FEMA and CalOES administrative requirements, procurement regulations, and documentation requirements.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with the FEMA Grants Portal and have sufficient knowledge and experience to train local jurisdiction staff in its use.
This position will be remotely-based.
Compensation & Benefits
We observe 10 holidays in addition to paid time off days. Additionally, CONSTANT offers a competitive compensation including performance-based bonuses, health package, short and long term disability, life insurance and 401K.
The compensation is commensurate with experience.