SkillBridge Intern Program
*This program is only for Veterans and Active Duty Military interested in Emergency Management, Health Security, and Homeland Security as part of the DoD SkillBridge Program.
Constant Associates (CONSTANT) is looking for those individuals with a passion for disaster and crisis management. At CONSTANT, you’ll get to work on projects that involve everything from full scale bioterrorism exercises to writing mass evacuation plans to creating training for responses for active shooter incidents. And, being the polished professional you are, you’ll gain access to extremely seasoned experts and get face-to-face time with exciting, diverse and highly visible clients.
Our Internship Program is built for mission and team-oriented individuals who are ready to put their full effort into developing a powerful professional skillset while gaining real-world expertise in health security, emergency management, healthcare preparedness, and counterterrorism. After your initial orientation and training, you'll be thrown into the trenches in support of multiple projects while receiving mentorship from your supervisor and project teammates. As your expertise and proficiency grows you'll have the opportunity to take on additional responsibilities and more challenging work. Plus, you'll earn a competitive wage and have the flexibility to align your work and academic or current duty schedules. Lastly, as practicable, CONSTANT will help to facilitate your interests in attending relevant professional training. Interns who successfully complete the internship in good standing will receive letters of recommendation, access to our professional network of interns, and assistance developing further professional opportunities including early notification of short and long-term work opportunities with CONSTANT. Many of our interns go on to become full-time employees with our team. When job openings are available, interns who demonstrate exceptional skill may be considered for the Support Specialist role - our pipeline for developing future employees.
CONSTANT is an award-winning boutique consulting firm known for our innovative solutions in the emergency management, health security, healthcare preparedness, and counterterrorism. We have an enviable client base that spans private and public sectors – from Federal government to entertainment. We work in an open environment that encourages idea sharing. This isn’t just because it’s the right thing to do, but it results in better products, and is just good business. We balance our “type A” tendencies with a strong sense of camaraderie and humor. Advancement opportunities will abound, because CONSTANT is poised for growth and expansion in 2020 and beyond. Your timing couldn’t be better!
- Your role is critical. As such, you will be involved in many various important activities such as writing plans, developing exercise documentation and briefings, and providing support and/or facilitation during meetings and events.
- Technical writing is an essential skill in your job. You will contribute to gap analyses, assessments, after action reports, and other analytical projects.
- Since quality is a top priority at CONSTANT, you’ll be called upon to ensure accuracy, consistency, and clarity of documents.
- With a keen sense of detail, you’ll be organizing, prioritizing, and accomplishing multiple tasks under competing deadlines.
- Demonstrated expertise with plan writing and exercise design are a bonus.
- We do a lot of work in the Health Security space, so bonus if you have disaster public health/healthcare experience (but not required).
- We work in both diverse environments, but we all speak the same language: readiness. It’s critical that you have “native” fluency in ICS, NIMS/SEMS, HSEEP, CPG 101, CPG 201, and natural and man-made hazards.
- You’re an absolute wizard with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. You’ll gain some serious extra points if you can make your way around Adobe Photoshop and InDesign
- We work with some very easy-going, but very security-minded clients that may require a security clearance, so your background shouldn’t preclude it.
Attributes of Your Success
- Analytical – You are comfortable with qualitative and quantitative analysis, and look beyond the obvious. Your learning curve is steep – you pick up ideas quickly and thrive on a challenge.
- Agility – You are flexible and manage change well, and can “shift gears” from task to task comfortably.
- Communication – You have strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Confident – You’re comfortable presenting your opinions (public speaking), even if that means taking an unpopular stand.
- Creative – You come up with new and unique ideas. Making the connections between unrelated ideas comes easy to you.
- Driven – You consistently exceed goals and are a top performer.
- Outgoing – Your outgoing personality, polished appearance and confidence are essential tools you’ll use to talk with officials, experts, and vendors.
- Team Player – You’re very comfortable working within a team. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to be a leader, but at the end of the day our products say “CONSTANT” on them, not “[Insert Your Name Here]”. The ability to trust and play nicely with others is crucial.
CONSTANT is certified as an 8(a) and Economically Disadvantaged Woman Owned Small Business (EDWOSB). We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. CONSTANT is also a Great Place To Work certified organization.