Chemist - CBRNE Technical Expert
Chemist - CBRNE Technical Expert - Defense Threat Reduction Agency
This position provides operational, research and development, training support, and subject matter expert advice and decision support to the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) at Ft. Belvoir in Fairfax County, Virginia. This position is within DTRA’s 24/7/365 Technical Reachback Division.
This is What You’ll Do
Technical Reachback is an analytical modeling and decision support cell that provides CBRNE guidance across all levels of government. The team is multidisciplinary and comprises of subject matter experts in chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear, and high-yield explosive (CBRNE) analysis and related topics, as well as meteorology SMEs. They provide expertise in modeling and atmospheric transport.
This is What We’re Looking For
- Provide subject matter expertise to conduct, implement and sustain research and development (R&D) and operational support in CBRNE incident response for DTRA Technical Reachback.
- Provide a support capability for the following groups/agencies: Combatant Commands; Office of the Secretary of Defense; Joint Staff; Intelligence Community; command elements; first responders, and federal, state, and local government organizations.
- Using applied knowledge to develop, integrate, test, verify, validate, and apply CBRNE software/scenarios based on results of experiments and predicted phenomena based on theoretical and computational methods.
- Working closely with other scientists to define modeling objectives, obtain required model inputs and outputs, and verify/validate results.
- Present modeling results and decision support aid to both internal and external customers in the form of written reports and oral presentations.
- Reviewing technical work of others.
- Master’s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or relevant field.
- Experience in CBRNE agents and combating weapons of mass destruction (CWMD).
- Willingness to work shift work.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) along with Microsoft Office proficiency.
- Interest in working with a multidisciplinary team and contributing to other subject areas.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
- U.S. citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI DoD clearance.
- Ph.D. in Chemistry or relevant field.
- Experience in research, modeling, and simulation of CBRNE agent releases and incidents.
- Experience with ArcGIS tools.
- Experience working with organizations within the Department of Defense (especially relating to WMD issues) and other government agencies such as HHS, CDC, etc.
- Active DoD Top Secret security clearance.
Compensation & Benefits
Location: Ft. Belvoir in Fairfax County, Virginia
Competitive compensation is based on the capability of the candidate.
Competitive benefits package that includes:
- Healthcare stipend
- Employee Assistance Program "EAP" (company paid)
- 401(k) with Generous Employer Match
- Eligible for Performance-based Bonus
- Ten (10) Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Volunteer Paid Time Off
- Professional Development
- Work From Home Stipend
- Life and AD&D Insurance (company paid)
- Long Term Disability (company paid)
Our mission is to make this world a safer place. CONSTANT is an award-winning disaster and crisis management consulting firm. We bring a tenured history of helping clients across all levels of government and the private sector prepare for catastrophic disasters and acts of terrorism. We have an enviable client base that spans private and public sectors – from federal, state, and local government agencies to the world of entertainment.
Upgrade your career with Constant Associates (CONSTANT). We do work that matters, that has the potential to save lives, and that makes a difference. You’ll work with people who not only embody professionalism and excellence but know how to have fun and bring a strong sense of team. Welcome to CONSTANT.
We believe that the health of our company is directly attributed to the common belief in our mission, the embodiment of our core values, and our contribution to the greater fabric of the communities that we serve. We are deeply committed to product excellence and superior customer service, providing a platform for our employees to thrive and prosper. Learn more about CONSTANT here: www.constantassociates.com.
CONSTANT is certified as an 8(a) and Economically Disadvantaged Woman Owned Small Business (EDWOSB). We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race; ethnicity; religion; gender; age; national origin; marital status; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; family responsibilities; matriculation; physical or mental disabilities; source of income; political affiliation; genetic information; status as a protected veteran; place of residence or business; or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in applying for employment with CONSTANT and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for the position, please call (386) 888-8327. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis. CONSTANT is a federal contractor supporting veteran referrals.
CONSTANT is also a Great Place To Work certified organization.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.