Technical Consultant (ASPR)
CONSTANT is seeking a Technical Consultant to support the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (ASPR). ASPR is a public health preparedness and emergency response organization in the Office of the Secretary at the United States Department of Health and Human Services.
This is What You’ll Do
This role will provide direct support to Government and contract personnel within the DRIVe team. They will assist with day-to-day business management, ensure the leadership team is prepared for critical meetings, and track key decisions/ follow up actions emerging from these meetings
This is What We’re Looking For
- Provide technical expertise, program, contract management, and acquisition support to BARDA’s execution of multiple research and development programs.
- Develop program plans, strategies, and budgets.
- Analyze and evaluate programs, proposals, and plans, and program metrics to identify improvements.
- Assist with the design, procurement, and execution of programs in support of the Government Program Director(s).
- Coordinate with potential user communities and their needs
- Identify and review emerging requirements and opportunities for transition of selected technology programs.
- Coordinate efforts among Government Program Director(s) and other Government stakeholders; and organize the information associated with product development and transition of projects into advanced development.
- Identify, evaluate, and accelerate innovative projects to advance BARDA’s initiatives.
- Perform project and program portfolio management oversight to ensure all critical elements are addressed, including monitoring project and program activities, milestones, budget execution, and performer progress
- Possess PMP Certification or equivalent
- Prior experience working with innovative Government institutions (e.g., DARPA, IARPA) or Biopharmaceutical industry experience is considered beneficial.
- Experience leading early-stage research and development projects and teams.
- Possess knowledge and experience in one or more of the following subject areas are desired: sepsis, diagnostics, microbiology, systems biology, infectious disease, medical countermeasure, and/or pharmaceutical research and development.
- A well-rounded, flexible, and energetic scientist/technologist is critical for this position.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills including experience with unstructured verbal interactions, briefings, and meeting moderation.
- U.S. Citizen
- Must be eligible for a Secret Security Clearance
Our mission is to make this world a safer place. CONSTANT is an award-winning disaster and crisis management consulting firm. We bring a tenured history of helping clients across all levels of government and the private sector prepare for catastrophic disasters and acts of terrorism. We have an enviable client base that spans private and public sectors – from federal, state, and local government agencies to the world of entertainment.
Upgrade your career with Constant Associates (CONSTANT). We do work that matters, that has the potential to save lives, and that makes a difference. You’ll work with people who not only embody professionalism and excellence but know how to have fun and bring a strong sense of team. Welcome to CONSTANT.
We believe that the health of our company is directly attributed to the common belief in our mission, the embodiment of our core values, and our contribution to the greater fabric of the communities that we serve. We are deeply committed to product excellence and superior customer service, providing a platform for our employees to thrive and prosper. Learn more about CONSTANT here: www.constantassociates.com.
Location, Compensation & Benefits
Competitive compensation based on the capability of the candidate. Competitive benefits package that includes:
- Healthcare (for California or stipend)
- 401(k) with Generous Employer Match
- Eligible for Performance-based Bonus
- Ten (10) Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Volunteer Paid Time Off
- Professional Development
- Work From Home Stipend
- Life and AD&D Insurance (company paid)
- Long Term Disability (company paid)
CONSTANT is certified as an 8(a) and Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business (EDWOSB). We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race; ethnicity; religion; gender; age; national origin; marital status; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; family responsibilities; matriculation; physical or mental disabilities; source of income; political affiliation; genetic information; status as a protected veteran; place of residence or business; or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in applying for employment with CONSTANT and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for the position, please call (386) 888-8327. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis. CONSTANT is a federal contractor supporting veteran referrals.
CONSTANT is also a Great Place To Work certified organization.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.