Senior Procurement Officer (ASPR)
SENIOR PROCUREMENT OFFICER
CONSTANT is seeking a Senior Procurement Officer who will support operations for the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (ASPR). ASPR is a public health preparedness and emergency response organization in the Office of the Secretary at the United States Department of Health and Human Services.
This is What You’ll Do
This role is responsible for providing subject matter expertise to Federal staff in the areas of Federal procurement and contracting to include awards, administration, and closeout of contract.
This is What We’re Looking For
- Responsible for acquisition of materials, supplies, equipment, and services using a in accordance with pertinent policies, laws, regulations, rules, and limits.
- Prepares and negotiates the more difficult contracts and leases of equipment, materials, supplies, and services for the agency.
- Advises client on contract requests, and on the development, preparation, interpretation, and revision of technical specifications for the procurement and lease of materials, equipment, and services in accordance with applicable laws and policies.
- Interprets and explains codes, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures pertaining to District procurement, leasing, and contractual agreements to agencies and bidders.
- Researches and determines the most economical methods for procuring and leasing materials and supplies based on need and cost.
- Develops and prepares procurement specifications and bidding documents for products and services for formal bidding.
- Coordinates the development and preparation of annual continuing price contracts and purchase agreements.
- Reviews bid specifications and/or scopes of work
- Negotiates price, discount, and delivery provisions with vendors.
- Determines and sets performance standards for vendors in conformance with agency policies and procedures; evaluates vendor performance.
- Maintains records related to contracts, leasing, and purchasing activities, costs, and expenditures
- Bachelor’s degree in business, management, or related field
- 6-10 years of relevant experience leading, awarding, administering, and closing out
- Federal contracts experience at all levels for commercial services, labor, research and development, and advanced research and development
- Experience conducting analysis of proposal costs, performs desk audits, tracks payments, and compares funding to actual expenditures
- U.S. Citizen
- Must be eligible for a Secret Security Clearance
Our mission is to make this world a safer place. CONSTANT is an award-winning disaster and crisis management consulting firm. We bring a tenured history of helping clients across all levels of government and the private sector prepare for catastrophic disasters and acts of terrorism. We have an enviable client base that spans private and public sectors – from federal, state, and local government agencies to the world of entertainment.
Upgrade your career with Constant Associates (CONSTANT). We do work that matters, that has the potential to save lives, and that makes a difference. You’ll work with people who not only embody professionalism and excellence but know how to have fun and bring a strong sense of team. Welcome to CONSTANT.
We believe that the health of our company is directly attributed to the common belief in our mission, the embodiment of our core values, and our contribution to the greater fabric of the communities that we serve. We are deeply committed to product excellence and superior customer service, providing a platform for our employees to thrive and prosper. Learn more about CONSTANT here: www.constantassociates.com.
Location, Compensation & Benefits
Competitive compensation based on the capability of the candidate. Competitive benefits package that includes:
- Healthcare (for California or stipend)
- 401(k) with Generous Employer Match
- Eligible for Performance-based Bonus
- Ten (10) Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Volunteer Paid Time Off
- Professional Development
- Work From Home Stipend
- Life and AD&D Insurance (company paid)
- Long Term Disability (company paid)
CONSTANT is certified as an 8(a) and Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business (EDWOSB). We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race; ethnicity; religion; gender; age; national origin; marital status; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; family responsibilities; matriculation; physical or mental disabilities; source of income; political affiliation; genetic information; status as a protected veteran; place of residence or business; or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in applying for employment with CONSTANT and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for the position, please call (386) 888-8327. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis. CONSTANT is a federal contractor supporting veteran referrals.
CONSTANT is also a Great Place To Work certified organization.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.