Senior Medical Communications Consultant (ASPR)
SENIOR MEDICAL COMMUNICATIONS CONSULTANT
CONSTANT is seeking a Senior Medical Communications Consultant to support the Medical Reserve Corps (MRC) Program Office in promoting the mission of the MRC Network, building the MRC brand, and strengthening the national voice of the MRC. Communication with the organization’s senior-level staff and collaboration with a broad range of personnel is also required. The position will be on-site at the Government facility in Washington, DC
This is What You’ll Do
This role will provide direct support to Government and contract personnel within the DRIVe team. They will assist with day-to-day business management, ensure the leadership team is prepared for critical meetings, and track key decisions/ follow up actions emerging from these meetings
This is What We’re Looking For
- Provide support to MRC Program Office in promoting the mission of the MRC Network, building the MRC brand, and strengthening the national voice of the MRC.
- Assist with developing and raising community awareness materials related to local public health, preparedness, emergency response, and volunteerism issues.
- Provide written and/or electronic informational materials to new, emerging, and established MRC units, program partners, and leadership with the goal to aid in establishing, implementing, and maintaining the MRC program and improving awareness and engagement across the country. Develop and implement a multimodal communications plan to include integration of current Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Standardize processes related to 508 compliance checks and HHS/ASPR clearance and communications policies, managing the photo gallery, etc.
- Oversee the development of major reports and messaging for significant events, as determined by program leadership.
- Oversee content development for the MRC Web site.
- Manage media inquiries and incoming communications to include telephone, email, and social media.
- Identify target audiences for communications and web-based products and design tailored messaging.
- Provide MRC information to local public health, emergency management, with regional and state-level public health, emergency management, and other authorities.
- Coordinate MRC communications efforts with key internal and external program partners.
- Present/staff exhibit booth at local, regional, and national conferences and meetings.
- Compile Regional Coordinator (RC) reporting (weekly, monthly, and quarterly) on regional MRC activities.
- Promote and share HHS and ASPR related messages with the MRC network on listservs.
- Draft newsletter, blogs, or journal articles.
- Draft official correspondence in accordance with HHS Exec. Sec, rules.
- Ensure 508 compatibilities for all work products.
- Draft talking points on the MRC for Federal leaders
- Bachelor’s degree and 6-8 years of experience
- Significant expertise in communications principles, methods, practices, and techniques, including skill in presenting ideas in speech and in written form to inform and persuade audiences at all levels of the organization.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Experience designing, developing and delivering strategic communications through a variety of media, including print and digital.
- Significant experience with social media platforms.
- Experience with 508 compliance rules
- Proficiency with the use of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Secret Clearance
- Experience in the federal government or federal government consulting.
- Experience in the medical community.
Our mission is to make this world a safer place. CONSTANT is an award-winning disaster and crisis management consulting firm. We bring a tenured history of helping clients across all levels of government and the private sector prepare for catastrophic disasters and acts of terrorism. We have an enviable client base that spans private and public sectors – from federal, state, and local government agencies to the world of entertainment.
Upgrade your career with Constant Associates (CONSTANT). We do work that matters, that has the potential to save lives, and that makes a difference. You’ll work with people who not only embody professionalism and excellence but know how to have fun and bring a strong sense of team. Welcome to CONSTANT.
We believe that the health of our company is directly attributed to the common belief in our mission, the embodiment of our core values, and our contribution to the greater fabric of the communities that we serve. We are deeply committed to product excellence and superior customer service, providing a platform for our employees to thrive and prosper. Learn more about CONSTANT here: www.constantassociates.com.
Location, Compensation & Benefits
Competitive compensation based on the capability of the candidate. Competitive benefits package that includes:
- Healthcare (for California or stipend)
- 401(k) with Generous Employer Match
- Eligible for Performance-based Bonus
- Ten (10) Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Volunteer Paid Time Off
- Professional Development
- Work From Home Stipend
- Life and AD&D Insurance (company paid)
- Long Term Disability (company paid)
CONSTANT is certified as an 8(a) and Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business (EDWOSB). We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race; ethnicity; religion; gender; age; national origin; marital status; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; family responsibilities; matriculation; physical or mental disabilities; source of income; political affiliation; genetic information; status as a protected veteran; place of residence or business; or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in applying for employment with CONSTANT and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for the position, please call (386) 888-8327. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis. CONSTANT is a federal contractor supporting veteran referrals.
CONSTANT is also a Great Place To Work certified organization.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.