Associate II - Emergency Management Project Manager (100% Remote)
Associate (100% Remote) [Emergency Management / Homeland Security]
CONSTANT is seeking a talented Associate to help us take our growth to the next level. We are a small, rapidly growing company with a history of delivering high-quality services to our clients. If you’re looking to grow with an innovative company where you can make an impact and want a supportive, collaborative, and flexible work environment – we’re the place for you!
This Is What You’ll Do
Contributes to the successful execution of projects in the emergency management and homeland security arena by serving as a Project Manager, Deputy Project Manager, Writer, Trainer or Exercise Designer. Ensures that CONSTANT’s standards for integrity, service, team, and quality are upheld.
Proactively ensures that the team, resources, budget, quality standards, schedule, and structure are in place and maintained for an effective project.
- Serve as the day-to-day, main client liaison for the Project
- Lead facilitation (with support from the project team where appropriate) for all internal and external-facing project-related planning meetings or events
- Delegate project tasks and assignments effectively
- Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities
- Tracks and analyzes utilization on each project, profitability, margins, and bill rates
- Be familiar with each contract, scope, and all of their requirements
- Keep the budget spreadsheet up to date and ensure timely submittal of invoices
- Provide review and final approval for all deliverables and disseminate to the client
- Uphold CONSTANT QA/QC standards and practices on all project work
- Identifies and mitigates any risks in the project execution
- Manage 1099 contract agreements where applicable
- Communicate regular status updates to the client and to your internal project team as well as the Project Sponsor
- Identify opportunities for repeat business or future Business Development (BD) work and communicate to the Practice Leads and/or BD team
- Mentor project team members (and especially DPMs) and provide routine feedback
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Public Health, Emergency Management) or equivalent experience
- 5-15 years of consulting / professional service delivery experience
- Ideal candidate will have experience in one or more of CONSTANT’s service areas: Healthcare Preparedness, Counterterrorism, Health Security or Emergency Management
- Demonstrated success as a project manager, including managing budgets
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Detail and process-oriented
- Team-oriented, collaborative
- Proficiency in MS 365 suite
- U.S. Citizen
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business, Emergency Management, Public Health, National Security or related field
- Emergency Management/Preparedness industry experience
- Experience providing consulting services to government agencies
- Experience managing a staff
Our mission is to make this world a safer place. CONSTANT is an award-winning disaster and crisis management consulting firm. We bring a tenured history of helping clients across all levels of government and the private sector prepare for catastrophic disasters and acts of terrorism. We have an enviable client base that spans private and public sectors – from federal, state, and local government agencies to the world of entertainment.
Upgrade your career with CONSTANT. We do work that matters, that has the potential to save lives, and that makes a difference. You’ll work with people who not only embody professionalism and excellence but know how to have fun and bring a strong sense of team.
We believe that the health of our company is directly attributed to the common belief in our mission, the embodiment of our core values, and our contribution to the greater fabric of the communities that we serve. We are deeply committed to product excellence and superior customer service, providing a platform for our employees to thrive and prosper. Learn more about CONSTANT here: www.constantassociates.com.
Location, Compensation & Benefits
Remote anywhere in the U.S.
Travel may be required (~ 20% or less)
Competitive compensation is based on the capability of the candidate.
Comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Healthcare (for California or stipend)
- 401(k) with Generous Employer Match
- Ten (10) Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Volunteer Paid Time Off
- Professional Development
- Work From Home Stipend
- Life and AD&D Insurance (company paid)
- Long Term Disability (company paid)
CONSTANT is certified as an 8(a) and Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business (EDWOSB). We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race; ethnicity; religion; gender; age; national origin; marital status; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; family responsibilities; matriculation; physical or mental disabilities; source of income; political affiliation; genetic information; status as a protected veteran; place of residence or business; or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in applying for employment with CONSTANT and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for the position, please call (386) 888-8327. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis. CONSTANT is a federal contractor supporting veteran candidates.
CONSTANT is also a Great Place To Work certified organization.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.