Associate I [Emergency Mgt / Public Health] - project management
Associate I [Emergency Management / Public Health] - REMOTE
CONSTANT is seeking a talented Associate to help us take our growth to the next level. We are a small, rapidly growing company with a reputation for delivering high-quality services to our clients. If you’re looking to grow with an innovative company where you can make an impact and want a supportive, collaborative, and flexible work environment – we’re the place for you!
This Is What You’ll Do
CONSTANT’s team members at the Associate I level are critical to a foundation built on reliability, resilience, and relationships. In this position, you would contribute to the successful execution of client-facing projects in the emergency management, public health, and homeland security arena. You’d serve in a variety of roles across multiple projects, including Deputy Project Manager, Writer, Trainer, and Exercise Designer.
We would rely on you to ensure that the team, resources, budget, quality standards, schedule, and structure are in place and maintained. In executing on these priorities, it’s important to ensure that CONSTANT’s standards for integrity, service, team, and quality are upheld.
- Serve as the day-to-day client liaison for projects.
- Lead facilitation (with support from the project team where appropriate) for internal and external-facing project-related planning meetings or events.
- Delegate project tasks and assignments effectively.
- Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities
- Track financial metrics, including utilization, profitability margins, and bill rates.
- Maintain fluency with each contract, scope, and related requirements.
- Keep corporate budgetary reporting up to date and ensure timely submittal of invoices.
- Provide review and final approval for deliverables and disseminate to the client.
- Uphold CONSTANT QA/QC standards and practices on all project work.
- Identify and mitigate any risks in the project execution.
- Manage subcontractors and related agreements where applicable.
- Communicate regular status updates to the client and to your internal project team as well as the Project Sponsor.
- Identify opportunities for repeat business or future Business Development (BD) work and communicate to the Practice Leads and/or BD team.
- Mentor project team members and provide effective feedback.
To be considered for the position, you must meet the following requirements:
- +3 years of consulting / professional service delivery experience
- The ideal candidate will have experience in one or more of CONSTANT’s service areas: Healthcare Preparedness, Counterterrorism, Health Security or Emergency Management
- Demonstrated success as a project manager, including managing budgets
- The ability to drive tasks to completion by exerting influence without authority
- Excellent communication, superior writing, formatting, and presentation skills
- Detail and process-oriented
- Team-oriented, collaborative
- Proficiency in MS 365 suite, including familiarity working in templates
- U.S. Citizen
Ideal candidates may also possess several of the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree preferably in Business, Emergency Management, Public Health, National Security or related field or equivalent experience
- Emergency Management/Preparedness industry experience
- Experience providing consulting services to government agencies
- Basic graphic design
- Data analysis and presentation, including dashboards
- Familiarity with enterprise-wide project or financial management tools
Our mission is to make this world a safer place. CONSTANT is an award-winning disaster and crisis management consulting firm. We bring a tenured history of helping clients across all levels of government and the private sector prepare for catastrophic disasters and acts of terrorism. We have an enviable client base that spans private and public sectors – from federal, state, and local government agencies to the world of entertainment.
Upgrade your career with CONSTANT. We do work that matters, that has the potential to save lives, and that makes a difference. You’ll work with people who not only embody professionalism and excellence but know how to have fun and bring a strong sense of team.
We believe that the health of our company is directly attributed to the common belief in our mission, the embodiment of our core values, and our contribution to the greater fabric of the communities that we serve. We are deeply committed to product excellence and superior customer service, providing a platform for our employees to thrive and prosper. Learn more about CONSTANT here: www.constantassociates.com.
Location, Compensation & Benefits
Remote anywhere in the U.S.
Travel may be required (~ 20% or less)
Competitive compensation is based on the capability of the candidate.
Comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Healthcare (for California or stipend)
- Employee Assistance Program "EAP" (company paid)
- 401(k) with Generous Employer Match
- Ten (10) Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- AFLAC Critical Illness, Hospital, Accident Plans
- Volunteer Paid Time Off
- Professional Development
- Work From Home Stipend
- Life and AD&D Insurance (company paid)
- Long Term Disability (company paid)
CONSTANT is certified as an 8(a) and Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business (EDWOSB). We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race; ethnicity; religion; gender; age; national origin; marital status; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; family responsibilities; matriculation; physical or mental disabilities; source of income; political affiliation; genetic information; status as a protected veteran; place of residence or business; or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in applying for employment with CONSTANT and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for the position, please call (386) 888-8327. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis. CONSTANT is a federal contractor supporting veteran candidates.
CONSTANT is also a Great Place To Work certified organization.
We are an E-Verify participating employer.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.